Either way, you can still obtain some great results from this. The idea is to figure out what approach works for you. Sofa carpenters, for example, will recommend you to use couch moving services, but some people will tell you to move the sofa on your own because it helps you save a lot of money.
Why should you use sofa movers?
Working with sofa movers is better because you get to eliminate all the potential issues that can appear. They have the skills and equipment needed to move a couch fast and with great efficiency. While it might sound tricky to complete the moving process independently without a problem, the couch moving services will do that for you.
As a result, you get to save a lot of time and effort, and you will not have to worry about any problems or anything like that. The return on investment is always second to none, and you will get to stay away from obstacles as you focus on getting the best possible value for your money here. So yes, it’s well worth the effort, and you will indeed get the utmost benefits without having to worry about any downsides.
Maybe the best thing about working with sofa movers is that they actually get to handle and manage the entire moving process without any issues. You will find it a lot easier to protect your couch, and it’s all thanks to couch movers. That really helps immensely if you lack time to complete such a project. Plus, a couch is very heavy, and trying to move it on your own or even with a friend can lead to serious hazards.
Hiring professionals is better, more efficient, and will also help save quite a lot of time and money. It’s definitely something that you need to think about all the time, and once you opt for this approach, you will notice how much time and money you really get to save. It might not sound like a lot at first, but it really is a lot, and you will enjoy the entire process.
DIY couch moving
Of course, you can also go the DIY route and work with a friend to move the couch on your own. This actually makes a lot of sense for most people. If you have a larger vehicle that can fit the couch or rent a small van, you can move the couch on your own. But there are issues here, such as van rental costs and the fact that you also need to acquire equipment. Moving a sofa is actually quite the challenge, and it will not always be the simple task that you might think it is. Yes, it sounds simple on paper, but you will realize that not hiring couch moving services was a mistake as time goes by. Here are some tips to keep in mind if you opt for a DIY couch moving.
- Make sure that you acquire the right packing supplies. The sofa is huge compared to other furniture pieces, so you have to make sure that you acquire the right packing service to suit your needs. You require bubble wrap, sofa and mattress covers, corrugated cardboard sheets, sealable plastic bags, plastic stretch wrap, and so on. It’s crucial to have all the necessary packing supplies. Otherwise, it will be hard to move the couch adequately.
- Clean the furniture before you move it. The idea here is that dust and debris will scratch hard surfaces. And that can lead to couch damage, obviously, something that we really want to avoid as much as possible.
- Dismantle the furniture in advance. Most sofas can be dismantled; if you can check the owner manual, there should be some dismantling guidelines there, so try to keep those in mind. Ideally, you want to have that furniture apart before moving it, as it’s a lot easier to take it to the desired location. Wrap every individual piece and even place a number on it so you can assemble everything easier in the end.
- It’s important to ensure that you have enough place in the back of the truck. Planning where you want to put that is very important, so we recommend you to keep this in mind as it does help immensely if you do it right. You must take care and ensure that the items are properly packed to avoid collisions, especially if you want to carry/move some other items inside the van/truck.
- If you do end up dismantling the couch, the good idea is to use a dolly, as this makes it a lot easier to transport furniture pieces from one place to another. Of course, since there are many types of dollies with different lengths, you want to make the right choice, and once you do that, results can pay off very well.
Should you try to move the couch yourself, or is it better to hire couch moving services?
As you can imagine, the better option is to work with professionals. Sofa movers have the knowledge, tools, and expertise needed to handle this type of task. We recommend you use couch moving services because they are very efficient, reliable, and super professional. You will be delighted with the results and the entire process if you hire experts instead of figuring out how to handle this on your own. It might work the way you want it to, but it can also end up being extremely difficult. So it’s a much safer bet to work with couch moving services, and the payoff can be huge in the end!